[FC] braking on wet roads...

Merv and or Loretta corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon Jun 7 19:30:01 2004

Dale Dewald spoke of how locking the brakes on a wet road feels different from
snow or ice... I learned that from experience with our Dodge Empress 22'
motorhome one time in Florida.
Being from the Great White North, I am more than accustomed to snow and ice,
but nothing prepared me for a newly wet road after the first rain in more than
a month around Ft Myers....

light turns amber, lots of time, I start putting on the brakes as I usually
would around home, loss of control...!!!  Pump brakes like crazy, light is
red... one wheel kinda catches a bite, a bit of this and that and gradually
reduce speed to a nice stop right in the middle of the intersection. Totally
embarassing, eh? Pulled into the Wendy's at the corner to get off the road and
watched the show as vehicle after vehicle did the same thing until the
invisible slop on the road washed away. It is truly an unbelievable experience
never to be forgotten!

Merv Krull
Salmon Arm, BC