[FC] Re: Corvanatics digest, Vol 1 #447 - 16 msgs

Paul Steinberg corvanatics@corvair.org
Fri Jun 25 22:47:01 2004

Tim....... the engine light coming on when you do a rapid de acceleration is
common and nothing to be worried about.  If the light comes on and doesn't go
off, that indicates that you have broken a fan belt and MUST stop the engine
before any damage is done.  Carry a spare fan belt at all times.  Paul in
CT.....
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: EconoUSAParts@aol.com
  To: corvanatics@corvair.org
  Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 9:27 PM
  Subject: [FC] Re: Corvanatics digest, Vol 1 #447 - 16 msgs

  In a message dated 6/25/2004 10:11:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
  corvanatics-request@corvair.org writes:

       Rich,Lon has been after me for a while trying to convert me to the
Vair
  world. Doubt that will happen but I can enjoy more than one make at a time.
  Actually its usually several makes at a time but mostly Ford:-) Believe it
or
  not I started out as a die hard Chevy guy and have owned a lot of them over
  the
  years. When I was a kid my Dad had an Econoline van and that was in my blood
  guess when I converted to them about 15 years ago. It all started when I
  borrowed my wifes Grandpa's 66 Econoline van to haul something and that
opened
  the
  floodgates. Soon after that I bought it off him and began collecting them
  ever since. I ve probably owner about 20 of the 61-67 Econolines in various
  states of repair or disrepair. Some were total junkers,others very nice. It
  keeps
  me outta the bars so its not all that bad.
         Anyhow,I drove my Corvan for the 1st time today. I did a litle city
  driving then I hit the highway for about 5 miles. It runs good but it did
have
  the temp pressure light come on when I hit the brakes too hard hard coming
off
  an exit ramp. It went out very quickly so Im not sure if it will be a
problem
  or not.
  Other than that the brakes pulled hard to the right. I had them inspected
  earlier this week and they had over half life left on them. The wheel
bearings
  were repacked and the drums cleaned up a bit so not sure whats causing
that.
  Maybe it has weak brake springs or a pitted wheel cylinder. The front end
  itself
  is still very tight with the mileage being only at 23000 so I dont think
thats
  causing any problem with the pulling. It may work itself out after driving
it
  a few times.
         I ve got a suggestion,take it or leave it, for folks who post here
and
  at other sites; When signing off your post, put your name and location at
the
  end like I do. I ve seen some folks here that do it and some dont. It
really
  helps to know who might be near you for help or parts swapping, etc. Just a
  thought.

                                                         Tim in Ky
                                                  Econo USA Parts
                                   Your used 61-67 Econoline parts source
                                 Constantly parting out E100 vans and trucks
                                              A100 parts also available

                                                    Ebay Falcon1966