[FC] Clutch Problem Still Not Solved in FC

Paul Steinberg corvanatics@corvair.org
Sun Jun 27 00:10:02 2004

Have you checked all the pulleys to see if the clutch cable is properly
routed?  Are you certain that you have all the correct parts for the clutch,
such as the fork being different for the early vs. late.  I would check the
cable to see if it is off a roller first and then measure the pull of the
cable with the cable unattached to the fork.  This just doesn't make sense to
me..... Paul in CT....
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: * Greenbrier Goon *
  To: corvanatics@corvair.org ; virtualvairs@skiblack.com
  Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2004 11:47 PM
  Subject: [FC] Clutch Problem Still Not Solved in FC

  Hey everybody:

  A few weeks ago I mentioned the clutch problems I am having with my 1963 FC
  that I have just converted to a 4 speed from a Powerglide.

  It has all of the correct 1963 clutch and flywheel parts including an  NOS
  throwout bearing to replace the shorter aftermaket one provided by one of
  the vendors.

  It still crunches going into the gears.  It seems that I just can't get
  enough pull at the clutch rod by the cable.

  It has been suggested that the cable may be the problem or that lengthening
  the pedal would solve the problem.

  I am still stumped.  I really need to get this thing moving soon because I
  am planning to move soon.

  Charles

  Greenbrier World:
  http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrier.htm

  1963 Greenbrier PG (soon to be 4 speed)

  Don't let Ralph Nader ruin another Presidential election.
  http://www.ralphdontrun.net