[FC] Re:Clarks FC Duals

Louis C. Armer, Jr. corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon Mar 1 14:28:02 2004

Tim's pictures show the old Clarks dual set. The new set
are listed on page #36 of the 2004 supplement and as far as
I can tell the big difference is longer aluminized vs painted mufflers
and new hangers which STILL mount to the body which I, like tim,
do not like. They should float with the engine and as soon as I can
come up with a suitable arrangenent I will change them. The additional
length of the mufflers poses more problems than the Thrush shorties
I had this last year. I had universal hangers which were body mounted
but did have the rubber flexible mounts which allowed some movement.

Chuck Armer