[FC] Made the Back Cover

Douglas Musselman corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon Mar 1 17:27:03 2004

Hi all

I made the back cover of the March Corvan Antics, but nobody must
remember me.  This is usually the case.  Going to shows must people
don't think that somebody my age now 31 would own something like this.
I bought it back in August of 1992.  Restored it and got it on the road
in '95.  And yes I drove it to Carlise.  The truck has been through one
wreak being rear-end in traffic at a stoplight.  The frame is still not
straight on the ramp side doesnt line up the side correctly anymore.

My question to the group is I would like to put on a set of 14 Cragar
wheels on the Rampside to replace the 15 Chevy Rallys that were on the
truck on I bought it.  Since I have replaced the 110+30 to a factory
sized 63 80hp truck block. Im thinking that it will give it just a
slight performance help to go back to a factory-sized wheel.  Does
anybody know what backspacing I would need to fit on the new rims?

Hoping to soon uncover the Greenbrier and start driving it to work
again.

Thanks for any help.

Douglas Musselman
Keystone Corvair Club Secretary
'61 Greenbrier
'63 Rampside
plus some other FC's vans in the back yard

P.S.  Yes the duals are custom made and it is fastened to the motor not
the body.

Yes thats me in the pictures.

http://corvair.us/cgi-bin/stories/
photos.html?mv_arg=tsa&event=2001%20CORSA%20Convention&photo_number=88

My winter truck is sitting beside the Rampside.  I did haul it out to
Chicago Convention.
http://corvair.us/cgi-bin/stories/
photos.html?mv_arg=tsa&event=2001%20CORSA%20Convention&photo_number=11

Wheels I would like to put on the Rampside.
http://www.cragarwheel.com/images/products/SS_14inch.jpg