[FC] Spark Plugs - NGK

David C. Herrin III corvanatics@corvair.org
Tue Mar 2 06:41:03 2004

Excerpt: from our Product Bulletin

> A spark plug with an ideal heat range (determined primarily by the
> length of insulator tip) operates between pre-ignition and fouling
> temperatures and delivers the best all around performance.  A "hot"
> spark plug transfers heat slowly and operates at a high temperature...
> the "cold" spark plug has a faster rate of heat transfer and operates
> at a cooler temperature...  when installed in the same engine and
> operated under the same conditions. A "colder" may be best for "full
> load" or continuous high speed highway type driving ... a "hotter"
> spark plug may be better for prolonged idling or city type stop and go
> traffic.

If you are not very wary  - thru  Mfg.s consolidations / catalog errors
- you usually end up with a VW Bug Spark Plug
that is too short and with the wrong heat range = too hot !

For Corvairs we inventory three (3) different types of NGK Spark Plugs
involving 23 part numbers.
A selection chart is available to our customers.
Regular Series @ $  15.95  Set (6)