[FC] Late FC Shifter quick conversion

Mon Mar 15 01:45:04 2004

this method only works with late style shifter..i did convert an early van to
late using parts from a donor wreck unit. i cut the parts out with a sawzall
and hole saw(to start the blde) at a junkyard. took all shift parts and the
tank. i changed the shift housing to a shoter car housing and moved the fulcrum
point. i did not like banging my knuckles on my two way radio hanging under
the dash. with a little "engineering" work you can adapt the car quickshifter
kits to a late style fc shifter also. the difference in feel is sooo nice!!!
like velvet and no slop.  shifts like a fine car!!!. now however i have
convertted to powerglides... i may have some of the parts leftover but they are spoken
for i think. i may be able to take pictures of them later.(its 1 am here)
 regards tim colson