[FC] Exterior Trim

Clark Hartzel corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon Mar 15 10:01:05 2004

The rear grille on an FC was an option.  It is so low and far under the rear
that nobody sees it anyway.  leave it off and save the trouble!  It does not
interchange with any other vehicle on this planet!
If you polish anodized aluminum you will no doubt rub off the hard surface
and it will corrode faster.  Unless you want to keep polishing it, better to
have it re-anodized.
Clark Hartzel

-----Original Message-----
From: corvanatics-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:corvanatics-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Dave Sanger
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 9:56 AM
To: corvanatics@corvair.org
Subject: [FC] Exterior Trim

Fellow "FCers":

You have been very helpful with my restoration on the 63 Rampside. Sure
would
appreciate your thoughts on these two exterior trim questions:

1. headlight bezels -- can oxidized bezels be polished and coated with a
clear
coat , or should they be reanodized?

2. rear grill -- to my surprise, it's a metal stamping, not aluminum. Is the
FC grill interchangeable with cars, so I could use an aluminum car grill?
They
seem to be more readily available (one is on eBay now).

I'm planning on a nice daily driver, so I am not looking for a 95 point
vehicle when finished.

Thanks

Dave Sanger
Member, CORSA and Detroit Area Corvair Club
Traverse City, Michigan

---