[FC] Differential seals and Wheel Bearings

Charles corvanatics@corvair.org
Tue May 4 12:27:01 2004

Ken,

My vehicle is a 63 Corvan.

Thanks for the info, I think I might get lucky and be able to put one
good bearing together. From what I could see when I opened it up the
inner bearing and race looked very nice but I couldn't quite get a good
look at the inner one. What I could see of the inner bearing was some
kind of discolouration on the barrel ring which makes no sense to me and
I can't recall if that's the way it always looked. Sorry for the bad syntax.

When I cleaned up the bearing I used a rare earth magnet to check for
metal bits and only pulled some metal "dust" out of it so that was good.

Thanks for the info Ken,

Charles