[FC] DIFFERENTIALS EARLY / LATE

Wed May 5 05:36:02 2004

ok clark, now think on this one: i put 65 car differential guts (yes i
pressed gears on early pinion shafts to get speedo gears)in early cases on both of
my fc's. check the pictures on the web picture site...i had to put spacers
(homemade 200 thousanths aluminum) between the backing plate and the control arm
to keep things from binding up as you tightened the axle retaining nuts the
last turn(really opened my eyes when it happened to both). i did all this because
i had  2 really low mileage late differentials , and 2 really worn early fc
units. it was a lot of work, but they both work very good , so it was worth it.
of course i took step by step pictures with the ever present digital
camera...   regards tim colson