[FC] Left Differenial Side Bearing

Fri May 21 07:14:01 2004

In a message dated 5/21/2004 6:30:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dsralph@att.net writes:
While checking and greasing the u-joints, I found that I had a little
lateral play in the left side bearing. I was able to remove this play by
tightening the adjusting ring three notches.

    If you are refering to the side adjuster on the diferential then the spec
is 2-3 notches tight from zero clearance. So if you just went to snug then
you are probably OK. BUT, you also changed the backlash setup inside the diff.
If you indeed did the left drivers side then you increased the backlash. That
is better than the other way around, so, if you don't have any noise as you
drive the FC you will probably be safe.

Handy Car Care
Ken Hand
97 Peach