[FC] Left Differenial Side Bearing

Bill Wells corvanatics@corvair.org
Fri May 21 12:53:00 2004

Don,

The side adjusters on the differential don't control
lateral movement of the stub axles and U-joint. They
are there to support and pre-load the diff bearings.
If you have excessive side to side movement, you have
wear of the side gears or on the differential carrier
inside the case. I see this mostly on the passenger
side(the short stub side). The fix is to swap carriers
or sleeve the bore. I have done both and they each
require disassembling the diff completely.
Good Luck,
Bill