[FC] Clutch Problems in my FC (Part 4) Engine out.

* Greenbrier Goon * corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon May 24 11:16:01 2004

>A thought just occurred to me..... have you checked the input shaft to see
>if
>it is bent?  These vehicles didn't have this problem when new, and if you
>have
>everything assembled correctly you shouldn't have a problem now.  Is the
>clutch fork the correct one?   Is it showing any signs of being worn??
>Paul
>in CT

It's an NOS input shaft.  I will double check to make sure it is not bent.

I didn't realize that there was more than one type of clutch fork.  The one
I am using came out of the donor van, but that doesn't mean it is the right
one.  How can I tell if it is right?

I wonder if putting washers under the ball would help.

Charles

Greenbrier World:
http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrier.htm

1963 Greenbrier PG (soon to be 4 speed)

Don't let Ralph Nader ruin another Presidential election.
http://www.ralphdontrun.net

Get 200+ ad-free, high-fidelity stations and LIVE Major League Baseball
Gameday Audio! http://radio.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200491ave/direct/01/