[FC] Needed Rear auto trans cover for a FC

James Davis corvanatics@corvair.org
Tue Nov 2 09:46:03 2004

The FC front pump cover is drilled and taped for a remote transmission
cooler and has a pressure bypass valve.  Other than that it is the same as
the car PG front pump cover.  The car front cover can be drilled and taped
to accept the remote cooler lines, as the bosses are cast into the car
cover.  The bypass channel in the car cover will have to be plugged (epoxy
works fine) in order for the fluid to be forced through the lines to the
remote cooler.  Specific instructions are available on-line at the Ultra
Van tech tips <http://www.corvair.org/chapters/ultravan/>.
Jim Davis