[FC] Truck Bed Cover Panels

James Davis corvanatics@corvair.org
Sun Nov 14 14:28:01 2004

I would recommend that you keep it so you can remove the transaxle
cover.  Just have them spray the bed edges where the cover sits with one
light coat of the bed liner.

There are two studs that are welded to the bottom of the cover.  They
attache the heater mix/distribution box to the bottom of the cover.  GM
made the distribution box with slots rather than holes so the nuts (7/16")
on the studs could be loosened and then the cover slid forward to remove
the cover.  Removing the cover allows access to the heater box (and
associated heater controls), starter, and top of the differential.
Jim Davis