[FC] Truck Bed Cover Panels

Dave Sanger corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon Nov 15 07:40:01 2004

Good Morning from the North:

Thanks to all who answered by posting. Sure looks like I should (and will)
keep both the engine access and transaxle/transmission access covers "open"
and not sprayed shut.

Mike, I agree on Line-X. I have checked a few brands and I like Line-X
because of the "crinkly" finish and the great report from a contractor
friend who told me how tough it is.

I am spraying only the heavily damaged (dings and nicks) areas; they have
been thoroughly sanded and have a primer coat.

I will be spraying only the bed floor, engine cover, ramp, and back of
cab -- these areas have many dings and dents. I have repainted the body
color the air intake shrouds (on the sides) and the rear tail gate.

In the opinion of the paint shop, this was the best way to hide the dings
and dents; filling with bondo to hide them would cost a small fortune.

Thanks, again, to everyone. I will try to post some pictures of the finished
product.

Regards,

Dave Sanger
Traverse City, MI