[FC] Batteries and wheels

Vic Howard corvanatics@corvair.org
Tue Nov 30 09:50:02 2004

I really don't want to start a 10 day to 2 week dialog on these subjects so I
am not sending it to VV  (ggg). I have a weak battery in my Rampside and it it
oversized. It was put in its proper place by cutting the opening and then
reattaching it with some sheet metal screws (previous owner). Obviously
another FC made a contribution to it since the replacement is just a bit
larger then the opening cut. I want to put the correct size battery that will
fit into the stock opening and for the life of me can't remember the battery
size. I plan to return the opening to stock sometime in the future when my
welding skills have improved.
On the subject of wheels, I plan to buy some new wheels and want to put 15"
rims on the front (or larger if possible) and 16" rims (or larger) on the
rear. I have lowered both the front and rear. The rear coils were cut one loop
and I purchased the mid 60's Mustang front coils and cut 1 1/2 coils off of
them which puts the ride height just right for me as well as improving the
smoothness of the ride. The article that I have been referred to in the past
for my earlies and lates doesn't address FC's. I apologize to whoever wrote
that article for not mentioning their name (s) but I do claim that senior
moments come more frequently and last longer
as of late.
Vic Howard
61 Rampside