[FC] 2005 Oregon Convention info: Auto cross rampside

antkoto corvanatics@corvair.org
Tue Nov 30 11:22:02 2004

Mike,

As has been the Corsa Oregon tradition, a member has agreed to furnish his
rampside for next years conventions auto cross.

The tradition started in 1995, when Corsa Oregon sponsored a mini
convention.  One of our members (Duanne Luckow) agreed to let some
convention participants compete in the auto cross using his rampside (the
beginning of what developed into Team Rampside).  The vehicles engine was
toast after the event, but that was expected. (See cover shot of Team
Rampside in action in the 1995 Communique, perhaps August or September,
can't remember for sure).

The 2005 Team Rampside vehicle will be painted by any child that attends the
convention and wants to participate in helping to paint the teams vehicle.
This rampside will then be raced.  That is the nut shell version.  I
understand there will be a charge involved, but the specifics are not
available at the moment.

I hope this along with other events (watch the Communique) will attract a
huge crowd.

Duane Wentlandt (Corsa Oregon)