[FC] Batteries and wheels

James Davis corvanatics@corvair.org
Tue Nov 30 12:21:02 2004

There are several sources for the original type 53 battery.  It is
reproduced by New Castle Battery.  The have the modern internal design so
they have about twice the cold cranking amp rating of the original tar case
batterys.  The model number is 2SMR53.  You can buy then from Summitt
Racing. <http://www.turbostart.com/2smr53s.htm>  They cost about twice what
a sealed 51R will cost.
Jim Davis