[FC] NOS Clutch Cable Installed: Problem STILL Not Solved

Mon Oct 4 06:48:00 2004

In a message dated 10/3/2004 11:41:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
greenbriergoon@yahoo.com writes:

Does  anyone have any other suggestions before I haul this off to the
scrapyard?  The only thing I can think might be a problem would be with  the input
shaft and pilot bearing.  Maybe they are binding for some  reason.

I am willing to try one more thing before giving up and getting  rid of the
whole thing.

    You have changed everything but the trans. Try a  different one.
    It will slide off the front without pulling the  whole drivetrain.
    Also check to make sure that the pilot bushing is  all the way in the
crank, it is supposed to be recessed, not just flush, in the  end of the crank.
    If you change the tranny then just tap on the end  of the input shaft to
check the pilot bushing.
    Ken Hand