[FC] The Retro Corvair - Rampside

Dale Dewald corvanatics@corvair.org
Tue Oct 12 21:53:03 2004

Hello All,

As is usually the case, most good ideas have been thought up before by
someone else in some other place...

About 4 to 6 years ago I read a review in AutoWeek about a Pontiac Montana
(GM Dustbuster style minivan) pickup created by an auto conversion shop in
the Detroit area.  It was more like a Loadside as it did not have a side
ramp, but was along the same theme as the Rampside/Loadside series.  The
conversion company did a first rate job and designed the pieces so that it
could be an alternate model either built on the GM assembly line or in the
conversion company's shop using an "incomplete" vehicle.  I never heard
anything more about it.  Apparently GM didn't bite...

Dale Dewald
Hancock, (UP) MI