[FC] clutch/diff

Tue Sep 7 09:47:00 2004

In a message dated 9/6/2004 11:01:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,  N2VZD@aol.com
writes:

oh yes i  use moly grease with stp like
stuff(assembly lube) on pilot  bushings.
regards , tim  colson

    This is one point that I have to openly disagree.  especially for the
masses. I too have tried greases, many different ones, but  none have worked very
long.
    IMO, the only thing to do is pressure OIL the pilot  bushing, wipe off
the excess and install. The pressure oiling can be  accomplished with 2 fingers
and you can watch it happen. I personally use AMSOIL  for this.
    I have even tried AMSOIL grease with no luck, the  STP mix MIGHT be the
answer for this case but I still have to say no grease in  the pilot bushing.
    Then again, if you are having someone else do the  work then it is
they're problem along with you having to take it back.
    More food for thought.
    Ken Hand