[FC] Jean Crosley / photos/ and more

Sun Sep 19 15:17:00 2004

In a message dated 9/18/2004 9:58:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
EconoUSAParts@aol.com writes:

Jean  also pointed out the rear door hinges on hers had the "stop"
built into the  hinges so the rubber bumper wasnt necessary on the body. Her
side
doors  however have the rubber bumpers since the hinges arent like the rear
ones.  Im wondering if I can use those type hinges off another junk door  to
install
on my existing doors in place of mine on my 63 van so I can  eliminate the
"rubber baby buggy bumpers" all together on both the side and  rear doors.
This
would give the van a much sleeker,cleaner look style wise  and be one less
piece,actually 4 less pieces,to have to polish around. Has  anyone ever done
this
before?

    I will have to say that with the side doors and the  rear doors able to
open all the way has it's advantages. If the side doors will  not lay next to
the body and you want to move the vehicle you need to close the  doors first.
Also when you are partying in the van the doors will block your  view unless
they are against the body. Been there done that.
    Ken Hand