[FC] Squeaks and creaks

TiM M mr_tim34 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 8 13:33:30 EDT 2005

My '61 rampside has picked up the unusual habit of
squeaking and groaning when it feels like it. It comes
and goes. I though at first it might be the weather
but it seems to be pretty random. As I drive over
uneven roads the groans and squeaks get quite loud, in
the cab at least. The steering likes to groan at times
also. Sometimes when I turn one way, sometimes both
ways. Then it will stop for a few days or even a week,
then start up again. Any thoughts? It's not the April
first and I'm not making it up ;-) I'm thinking of
getting a bushing kit for the front end. Does this
make sense?

Thanks for the info.

TiM McCann
'61 electric Rampside