[FC] gas tank again

Ruth Dorogi dfamily at cecomet.net
Wed Apr 13 14:37:26 EDT 2005

Gary got it partially right.  I did restore my FC gas tank but not because
it was bad.   Actually it was in pretty good condition; however I wanted to
convert the shifter to the later style that runs through the gas tank.  I
had a 64 style tank that was rather rusty but the parts I needed to do the
conversion were in good condition .  I cut up my good tank and  mig welded
in the necessary parts .  It works quite well and does not leak.   One
advantage to cutting large openings in the tank is that you can sandblast
the insides and then use a tank sealer after welding it together.  Labor
intensive I guess, but I have more time than money.       Dennis Dorogi