[FC] Re: Does this seem right? Boycott time????

Ron ronh at owt.com
Mon Apr 25 01:13:42 EDT 2005

No, your suggestion won't work as it's the world market that has driven the
prices up.  The different U.S. oil refiners have nothing to do with it
although they do profit off of it from their own domestic production
facilities.  The price will continue to rise as the world prrices continue
to rise.  I understand that $80/barrel oil will result in a pump price of
$7/gallon for gasoline and that price appears very realistic now.  At least,
that's what I've read.  A weekend trip to the Northwest Econorun cost about
$80 for gas this last weekend.  Even a cheap Corvair costs a lot to run
these days.
RonH