[FC] FC Millage?

TiM M mr_tim34 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 26 12:51:40 EDT 2005

     What kind of millage does a typical Rampside get?
Just curious, I'm getting about 450Wh/per mile right
now, I'm hoping to get it allot closer to 300Wh/mile
by the time I'm done. I pay ~12 cents/KWH at home, so
that works out to a little less than 6 cents a mile
for electricity before I do any improvements. My Dodge
pickup gets about 15mpg, with gas @ ~$2.60/gallon
around here that works out to 17.3 cents per mile, not
counting oil changes and tune ups. The electric
Rampside needs $2 or $3 dollars worth of distilled
water every month and a half or so. In addition, I
probably do 75% or more of my charging at public
charging stations.
     On the downside, the battery pack needs to be
replaced every 4 years or so to the tune of ~$1200.
Before you choke on that number, divide it by 4, then
by 12, that's the monthy cost to replace the
batteries($25), how much a month does it cost to fill
your tank a month? It costs me ~60 to fill the tank in
the Dodge, with the Rampside as my daily driver I only
have to do that once every two months or so.

TiM McCann
'61 electric Rampside