[FC] Window and door problems

TiM M mr_tim34 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 30 20:00:51 EDT 2005

     The metal bottom of that is glued onto the driver
side door came unglued. The rubber channel that the
window sits in looks pretty worn as well. Is there a
replacement for the rubber and should I use silicone
to glue it back in?
     The other problem is with the door catch spring,
it broke. As long as I reset the latching pawl
manually it will function. Does anybody have a part
number or a picture of the spring (with dimensions)? I
looked on Clarks and didn't see it. I went to
McMAster-Carr, they have them, but as it's broken I
don't know if it was a 90 a 180 or whatever, I don't
know how many winding there are either. I can take the
passenger side apart if I have to, but was hoping to
not have to do that until I had the replacement
springs for that side as well.
     Thanks for any info...

TiM McCann
'61 Electric Ramside (with a flappy door and a
rattling window)