[FC] RE: Identification of a part

TiM M mr_tim34 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 12 02:10:19 EDT 2005

I'm working on iding the differences in the latches.
Thanks to N2VZD for the pictures. I went out and
measured mine today, here are the numbers I came up
with. These numbers were measured with the latches
mounted on the truck.

The length of the striker to the tuck body normal:

Ramp Front = .690"     Ramp Rear= .685"

The length of the striker to the tuck body retracted:

Ramp Front = .430"     Ramp Rear= .250"

I think I found out what my problem is, though I'm not
sure why the front striker is retracting almost 2/10
of an inch less than the rear one. I'll have to take
them apart and see if I can find out if there is a cam
or something that is different.

For those interested, the following are the tailgate
latch measurements. I measured to the truck body, not
the bracket.

The length of the striker to the tuck body normal:

Tailgate Driver side = 1.00"  Tailgate Passenger=
.980"

The length of the striker to the tuck body retracted:

Tailgate Driver side = .520"  Tailgate Passenger=
.470"

Hope this helps.

TiM
'61 Electric Rampside