[FC] Autocrossing FCs....

James Davis jld at wk.net
Sun Aug 21 12:21:44 EDT 2005

Front stabilizer bar (7/8 of an inch in diameter) and rear (3/4 of an inch
in diameter) are available from Clark's (Addco).  They really make a
difference with wide tires (245/60-15's and high hp engines (145 hp at the
rear wheels).  If you want to improve the handling, increasing the polar
moment of inertia by adding weight in the rear, is not the way.  If you
still have the stock rear springs, cutting 1/2 a coil off them will lower
the truck 1 inch and make the rear camber 1/2 degree negative which will
improve the rear tire contact patch significantly; greatly enhancing rear
traction. Of course this will reduce the load carrying capacity of the
truck by 250 lbs.
Jim Davis