[FC] DOUBLE RAMPY? hoax or real?

Paul Steinberg noahsarkinc at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 4 18:56:23 EST 2005

I remember talking to someone in Arizona a few years ago that had a rampside that was made with double ramps.  One on each side.  I asked about the "frame work" and he said that it was "beefed" up to keep it from bending in the middle.  I have never seen any documentation as to this being a originally manufactured vehicle, but I assume that it is possible.  The factory did some strange modifications in the 1960's to please customers, so this might just be one of them.  I have a picture of a Greenbrier that has the doors reversed on the right side.  You open the left side door first and then the right one, the one next to the passengers front door.  The vehicle was in service as an ambulance and this would be more practical for the attendant.  Wonders never cease.... Paul in CT....