[FC] DOUBLE RAMPY? hoax or real?

James Davis jld at wk.net
Mon Dec 5 21:43:01 EST 2005

There is a internally ribbed box structure under the floor and along
side rocker panel of the ramp.  The rocker and box structure are made
of 10ga steel and welded into a unit.  This structure is similar to a
convertibles rocker box design only much wider.  GM's figures show a
Rampside weigh 15 lbs more than a Loadside, but most of that
difference is in the ramp.  I would estimate the ramp weighs 40 lbs
or more. One of the problems with a Rampside is that the right rear
load floor drains into this box structure. This allows sand and dirt
to collect in the box structure rusting it through in 30 years or so.
Jim Davis