[FC] Re: Corvanatics Digest, Vol 11, Issue 8

Vic Howard vichoward at frontiernet.net
Mon Dec 5 23:36:09 EST 2005

I remember seeing a shell of the front half of a van or greenbrier welded to
the back half of a rampside in Phoenix a number of years ago. The man who
started it went by the name of Stony and passed away a few years ago. It was
pretty rough, needed much more finish welding but had a lot of promise.
Since I am not a welder and would not want to be a novice welder taking on a
finish job like this I passed on buying it even though he offered a lot of
parts, including drivetrain, body parts like doors and ramps and glass to
finish it. I don't know what happened to it but I suspect his wife scrapped
out what was left of his Corvair parts after he died. Interesting concept
too.
Didn't our Corsa prez, Sarah have a stretch corvan for sale a few years ago
when her husband Curt Jones died? Whatever happened to that van?
Vic Howard