[FC] Replacing lifters(my take)

Gary Swiatowy mopar at jbcs2.net
Sun Dec 18 09:35:29 EST 2005

In 30+ years of Corvairs, I have never replaced a lifter.
Never even seen a bad one come out of a Corvair.
In my day I have had to replace countless 307 lifters, and cams, so I could
do that job in my sleep.
Currently I have a F*rd 390 motor apart, rebuilt by previous owner, he
obviously did not know what cam lube was as the bottom of the lifters look
like a roller coaster, and one even wore through...........
Gary Swiatowy