[FC] suspension, etc.

Mon Feb 7 02:43:02 2005

After spending the day straightening out the rats nest of wiring done by the
previous owner (why would anyone reverse the turn signals, JUST ON THE BACK?);
I took the rampside on it's maiden voyage around the block. Other than the
noticeable lack of power compared to the Greenbrier (110hp powerglide), I found
that it doesn't want to stay in 2nd or 4th gear; if you let up on the gas, it
pops out. Is this a linkage problem? This thing is a frankenstein of an FC; I
was told it had a 110 car motor and a 4 speed, but the block number suggests a
95 that was paired with a powerglide. It IS a car motor, and it IS a 4 speed,
but I don't know if the motor is a conglomerate of other parts, making it a
110. The 'Brier can actually accelerate pretty good, but this thing takes at
least three blocks until you can shift into 3rd. Other than the shift lever
popping out, my other concern is that it's pretty squatty in the back, it sits a
good 2+" lower to the ground than the 'Brier in the rear. How can I raise the
height of the rear (without putting in new springs)?