[FC] FC 1964 Powerglide Fluid into Differential

Gail P Policella gailvair at juno.com
Mon Feb 21 17:25:37 EST 2005

Before leaving on trip I changed the fluids on both  the differential
(Valvoline-Synthetic) and transmission (Synthetic-Amsol) and replaced the
torque converter seal and front PG pinion shaft seal. I drove 1800 miles
checking the fluid levels along the way. Upon a routine check at 1600
miles I noticed a drop in PG fluid and upon checking the diff dipstick
the PG fluid was entering the differential and overfilling it causing the
fluid to come out the top diff breather.  I was able to add trans fluid
to get me home.  What could be my problem ?

John Policella
1964 Greenbrier
Margate, FL