[FC] Fuel Sender Question

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Wed Feb 23 21:15:27 EST 2005

Hello Keith,

The only thing that makes me think twice is that the front engine Chevy
Van, introduced in 1964, used the same dashboard as the Corvair/FC
line.  The same dash was also used for the 1965-66 Chevy Van and Sportsman
(window van replacement for the Greenbrier).  For 1967 the van models were
upgraded (curved windshield, etc) and shared the dashboard with the full
sized Chevy/GMC trucks.  The interesting question would be if the '64-66
Chevy Van line used a 0-30 ohm sender to match the Corvair style dash.

It only occurred to me today that I could measure the resistance of the
sender by disconnecting the lead under the dash and using an ohmmeter.  I
filled the tank with stabilized fuel back in November so it should read
close to 30 (or 90) ohms.

Dale Dewald
Hancoc, (UP) MI