[FC] idle/engine/ throttle tension

Wed Jan 19 07:33:00 2005

In a message dated 1/18/2005 11:03:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rdgalli@tcsn.net writes:
Other times it is caused by friction in the cable and related
mechanism's. I have reduced this tendency by increasing the spring return
pressure, although Diane is constantly complaining about the pressure it
takes to press the accelerator against the garage door spring I use.

    Believe it or not the FC's are supposed to have 2 accelerator return
springs!
    The combination is a realtively light spring in the rear so you DON'T
have a lot of cable friction and a reasonably heavy spring in the front to kind
of push the cable back through the housing.
    I have noticed that most FC's have a  spot to put a spring, it is on the
underside somewhere behind the bumper.
    So, Bob, Give Diane some relief! LOL.
    Ken Hand