[FC] Petronix Ignitor Stock Reduction SALE - ADVERTISMENT

Charles corvanatics@corvair.org
Sun Jan 23 13:26:01 2005

Hello  David -

For the unwashed, like myself, could you advise what is the difference
between the Ignitor I and II ?   I'm a little uncertain about the
pertronix products as the Ignitor I that I had in my van did not last a
full year and the two high-voltage coils failed in much less time. To be
fair, one of the coils had been dropped at the factory and never worked
at all and was replaced but the replacement failed in about four months.
On a side note the generic jobber coil at about twenty dollars has been
going for the last three years and counting. Is there an alternative to
the Pertronix for electronic ignition? Or is there an externally
adjustable mechanical point set-up available?

thanks,

Charles