[FC] Just a few questions

Sun Jan 23 15:04:00 2005

In a message dated 1/23/2005 2:23:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
vernmcintosh@eoni.com writes:
I'm going to disagree with both Jim and Ken on this one, the problem is not
nearly as serious as they make it to be. I have four '64 FCs, all came from
the factory with 110 engines and harmonic balancers (as did almost every '64
FC I've ever seen). You are not doing anything that wasn't very standard by
GM.

The stock '64 FC brackets have 1/8 inch (that's one-eighth of an inch) of
'extra' room to put the belt around the harmonic balancer, and it works just
fine, the simple factory solution.

If you can't find a '64 FC bracket, then add ONE washer (on each of the 4
bolts, of course) under the 'flat' early FC bracket to get the 1/8 inch of
room, hardly a problem in any sense.

    I don't think you are disagreeing at all. If you look at my post you will
see that the washers was one of my solutions for the rear motor mount
clearance. I also stated that if you do use a car mount then you will not have enough
adjustment in the slot.
    As a matter of fact, the washers were the first statement of the
paragraph and the second half mentioned the 110 mount and that it probably wouldn't
work.
    So where is the disagreement? I don't see any. NO flame intended.
    Ken Hand