[FC] Not one, not two, but THREE rim sizes for FCs!!!!

Clark Hartzel corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon Jan 31 11:43:00 2005

I have found that a simple 1/4" thick spacer available at most FLAPS or
speed shops will solve the interference problem with the tie rod end.
Should use longer studs though, if you don't have full thread engagement
with spacers.
Clark Hartzel

-----Original Message-----
From: corvanatics-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:corvanatics-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Mikeamauro@aol.com
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 10:11 AM
To: corvanatics@corvair.org; virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: [FC] Not one, not two, but THREE rim sizes for FCs!!!!

Someone posted the info below, that seems to indicate a suitable 14" rim,
wider than stock 5" ,for FC application. My assumption has been that a true
FC
rim has a modified inner bead, allowing for tie rod clearance. This FC rim
was
called a "J-mod" rim. Thus, the only possible way to go to a wider rim for
FC
application was through the use of a 15" (or larger" rim)....the larger rim
diameter making the tie rod clearance a moot point. Is it possible that a
14"
rim, wider than the stock 5", is available with the correct FC, J-Mod
characteristics?
Mike Mauro

--