[FC] The fan has been hit..... the final Greenbrier countdown...

Merv Krull and or Loretta Prosser krupross at sunwave.net
Tue Jul 12 01:27:39 EDT 2005

Hi all!

Why does this always happen? The body shop buddy had mono so was not able to do much on the GB for the last two weeks.... was supposed to be done today.

Scramble..... towed the GB to my BILs shop ... not even in primer yet.... and tore out the drivetrain, split the transaxle and tossed the engine on the table to do seals and flashing and general nicey nicey things. Felt really overwhelmed for a while, but got my wind again and just kept going. Did all the pushrod tubes and a static valve adjustment, stuck the valve covers back on. No time for nicey nicey, just get it done so I can get it rolling back to the body shop by Thursday.

Body shop buddy calls and says, looks like another $1500 should get things pretty close, then we will see from there.

Blood pressure rises but I am nice to the body shop buddy cuz I don't want to tick him off and do anything less than a decent job.

What is your advice.... I think I tell him $1500 is the end of the road and you don't get it till it's done. I have already fronted him $2500.

I think $4000 for a decent job on a GreenBrier that has been smacked in the hind end and buckled a bit is a pretty good end price. What are your thoughts?

I will be asking him for some paperwork of the time he has put into it... at least his two students he hired.

After a similar go around with another body shop buddy where the end product just kept getting further and further away and required more and more money to get there, I am wondering if this is typical body shop practice?

If so, maybe I'll just get out a can of Tremclad and a paintbrush and hope to see you in Portland....!

Looking for some humour here... anything to help me through these last 11 days before heading for Portland....

toodles
Merv Krull
Salmon Arm, BC