[FC] the fan is seriously dented... day two on the GB

Merv Krull and or Loretta Prosser krupross at sunwave.net
Wed Jul 13 02:26:36 EDT 2005

Cleaned the motor hanging on a hoist and hitting it with an awesome varsol spray air rig that knocks the crap out of all the oily gunk real quick, dropped the oil pan to have a look inside and fix the dents in it.... bolted the shields back on. Decided I have a 102hp.... and everything looks real good inside. Very happy!!!
Cleaned the tranny/diffy unit the same way, pilot bearing excellent, throwout bearing excellent, bolted it back on to the motor, dropped the oil, had a look see inside, changed the shifter seal, replaced the other u joint, very happy!!!
Started cleaning up the engine bay.... what a mess from the fenders over the rear wheels being bowed out from the rear end accident which was not fixed properly... now reasonably clean.
Greased one rear bearing with a needle and synthetic grease.... lots of the old gunk was forced out.... gonna do the the other one tomorrow. That's 24 hours.... see ya tomorrow!
Oh yeah... Charles Wrobel.... your springs are actually shorter than mine... sorry it took so long.... shall I drop them off at your place or will you be in Portland?
I guess I am gonna hafta shorten the front springs or put load helper springs on the rear shocks to level the GB out.
toodles
Merv Krull
Salmon Arm, BC