[FC] Fan back to normal... day three on the GB....

Merv Krull and or Loretta Prosser krupross at sunwave.net
Thu Jul 14 00:57:07 EDT 2005

Hit the whole body with an air gun (body is stripped doors off... only the pedals and steering wheel inside) and knocked enough Alberta soil out of the nooks and crannys to start a potato plantation.... big fan high in the end of the shop sucks all the dust and dirt very nicely... I wore a respirator anyway cuz I really enjoy breathing... swiped the engine bay with engine bright (dumb idea btw... won't do that again next time use TIDE and hot water) then hit the tougher stuff with Brake Kleen... shop fan still running so I dont get a bad case of the vapours.... bolted generator on and adjusted fan belt.... stuffed the whole works in.... greased the other rear wheel bearing... bolted axles and u joints.... changed spark plugs and cleaned threads.. new spark plug wires.... bolted starter back in... hooked up all the wires.... no battery so I couldnt hear if I got the valves adjusted right... cleaned and reinstalled the air intake system... bolted wheels back on.... called for the tow truck to haul it back to the body shop tomorrow morning... total time... 32 hours.
Body shop buddy says the doors are almost ready to prime! He is totally convinced van will be ready to go by July 22. I decided to agree to his request for another $1500 which appears to be quite reasonable overall and I will up it another $250 if everything is good and on time.... but not until it is done.
Went for a walk with my favorite wife and enjoyed a twist ice cream cone at the dub.
Tomorrow gotta clean up the shop and find all my tools and throw out all the left over bolts and nuts.

More tomorrow night
toodles
Merv Krull