[FC] FC 16.437 front door check with guide [Door stop removal]

Mike Moyer vairvert67 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 20 22:15:51 EDT 2005

Easiest way is to remove headlight bucket
Very easy to get to then
Just did the same on one of my greenbriers
Mike Moyer

Bill Meglen <bohunkbill at charter.net> wrote:
I need to cannibalize a 1962 Van for a part described in the parts list
as , "16.437 front door check with guide" (door stop to me!) to replace
one missing on my rampside.

I see no way to get behind the "chassis end" of the stop to allow the
entire assembly to be removed. It looks like the only way to remove it
is to remove the "pin" at the door end of the door check which then may
allow the "chassis end" guide to be slipped over it, then to replace it
I would have reverse the sequence. This would require "repinning" the
"door end"? There has to be a better way...doesn't there?

Bill
Gardnerville, NV