[FC] Stress/venting time.....

Merv Krull and or Loretta Prosser krupross at sunwave.net
Thu Jul 21 01:18:17 EDT 2005

Well, decision time.... the GB is not gonna be ready to go... dammit!

I have put some serious time into the 64 sedan.... #4 cylinder seems to be just going along for the ride.... gonna redo the valve adjustment again while running.... maybe things were kinda sticky on the bench and when I did the engine running adjustment.... I had trouble fooling around with #4 and #2 valves....
Compression check on #4 showed almost zero... maybe 15 psi at the most...

"Whoa be he of whom I am awares!" Woulda helped a lot if the 20,000 mile car actually had a 20,000 mile engine in it..... damn you!

I readjusted the carbs and reset the points so the engine does not have a hissy fit just while cruising along... reasonably smooth now.

Oil leaking from somewhere.... dripping from the bell housing...

will track that down when I install new rear shocks tomorrow morning.

good night Irene
Merv KRull
Salmon Arm, BC