[FC] speed and power, or power and speed

Wild8bill at aol.com Wild8bill at aol.com
Thu Jul 21 17:27:55 EDT 2005

Hmmm,

   I wouldn't think I was at 6000rpm at 50-55mph with a 4-speed. The bogging
down continues until I let up on the gas and then accelerate again without
flooring it. I didn't want to see if it would stop bogging down if I kept it
floored; if I stalled on the freeway here I could get shot. No, really. I live in
Richmond CA.
   I had never run this on the freeway since getting it until now. It was a
basket case that I bought for $500 and limped home about a year ago. I rebuilt
the carbs, so I'll check the float levels, and I'll investigate the
distributor. Maybe I'll stick on the spare Pertronix that I have and see if that makes a
difference. It could be the vacuum advance isn't functioning, as well.
   Thanks for all the tips everyone; I was hoping to make a showing at Hot
August Nights this year, but probably not. There were only a handful of corvairs
last years, and no FC's.

Bill
lots of '61's