[FC] Steering Box Adjustement: Inch or Foot Pounds

Paul Steinberg noahsarkinc at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 6 16:05:15 EDT 2005

inch pounds, but remember that the shaft is egg shaped and you must adjust the top screw only after taking the play out with the end nut.  Then put the "egg" on top and gently screw down the adjuster screw till it just touches the top of the "egg".  Lock it in place with the locking nut.  No torque wrench needed.  The torque wrench setting is for when the box is in the car.  If you over tighten the adjuster screw, and the "egg" is not on top, then you will crush the balls and crack the chrome plating off of them and this will render the box useless.  Paul in CT....