[FC] re: FC trips

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Fri Jun 10 09:24:05 EDT 2005

A friend of mine had a machine shop in his garage and machined cast iron
hydraulic manifolds for his customers.  He hauled big steel wire bins full
of these manifolds in his Greenbrier.  They probably weighed 2500 pounds and
he needed a forklift to load the bin in the side.  After a year of doing
this, almost every spot weld that held the vehicle together broke, leaving
the truck a flexy-flyer!  He eventually scrapped the body and saved the
powertrain for the next project.
Clark Hartzel