[FC] thermostat damper door

robert wilson scwilson8126 at wowway.com
Fri Mar 18 17:55:15 EST 2005

Jim;

Are you sure that the right (passenger) thermostat actually opened?

Maybe the left thermostat opened but the right one didn't get hot enough to
open in 15 minutes.

I'm having a problem where the right door on my '63 Monza doesn't open even
after driving 25 miles (some at highway speeds) to work, which causes my
temp light to flicker.  I passed a propane torch over the thermostat and it
does seem to expand off of the car.

I have heard that the right thermostat takes longer to open.

Scott Wilson

'63 Rampside
'63 Monza Convertible
Lakewood (hope to own/restore one if I can find a decent one)